CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Goldent Compass (12)

Some people believe that when filmmaker, directors, and screenwriter make a movie it is for a reason. Unless the movie is documentary, that might be a different story. The movie is primarily for entertainment. The Golden Compass is a prime example of this. Some people say that the movie attacks Christianity. The author of the first book of three, Philip Pullman, wrote the book to entertain people and to make money. If anything he was implying what may happen to the world and Christianity if we found something that was like dust. I do not believe that he wrote this book just to cause turmoil between religions.

I have not read the book yet but I believe since I watched the movie I would like to read the book. Mr. Hughes said that the director of the movie watered down what was in the book that was concerning Christianity and the church because he figured this would happen. I am really curious about the difference between the book and the movie. Like I said before though I am really interested in this series now that I have seen the movies. It got me interested in the series, so it should be interesting how everything turns out.

0 comments: